Friday, February 18, 2005

Mendel quoth

  Some time ago I stumbled across the Internet Rhyme Generator. You give it a first line, and it generates a four line poem for you. Most of the stuff it spews out is plain silly, but occasionally a diamond in the rough pops up. Here are some examples:

Smell my feet tomorrow
Go Speed Racer, go go GO!
And they took me away as I screeamed "no! no!"
The stench of death TAINTS EVERYTHING WE SAY OR DO

Western philosophy smiles on me
Evenings of peculiarity
And maybe then become how you must be (the gods hath chosen, and they hath chosen me)
Then again, what is time when you're in infinity?

Mendel quoth
We must root out the bastard commie finks
Reality is a staircase leading nowhere.
Just a shame he's firing blanks.


  I suspect that most of the lines are taken from what other people have input over time, but it's fun to see how a computer program puts them together in sometimes surprising ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Paul. I'm gonna give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that looks fun enough. I'm off to give her a try. Some of those are indeed interesting.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Wow. This sucks big time. I had actually thought my poem really had been chosen for publication...needless to say I was completely estatic. My mom made me check first though which led me here. =/ So much for that.