Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fibs

   Was reading Simian Farmer the other day, and came across his post about Fibonacci Poetry. Seems neat. Think I'll give it a try.
   Wrote this one right away, while I was waiting for Flat Scalzi to arrive at my place.

I
wait
for the
postman to
ring, no more than once,
for twice would be disheartening.
I don't want drama or intrigue here, just Flat Scalzi.

   Later, I gave it a little bit of thought, and came up with this.

Spring
dawn
arrives,
resplendent,
transforming ashen
branches with bright swaths of colour.


   Whaddaya think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, I think that second one is fully as pretty as your very own personality.

The whole Flat Scalzi thing still makes no sense to me.  Small, two-dimensional people have no place in mailboxes!!

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

He watches
crystals melting
touching the
bare bough
with
his palm
he
melts
too

natalie

Anonymous said...

I love teh second one the most! Happy 4th!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

I think they are great and thank you and Simon for letting us know about  Fibonacci Poetry. I've never heard of it before and need to try this sometime! I'll have to put this journal on alerts.
I've been called a poor judge of character in the past and I guess perhaps that's true for I never imagined you as one who would enjoy writing poetry.
Dianna
(I like the second the best)