Saturday, January 1, 2005

inexplicable

On a more serious note, this is one of my favourites. I've had a lot of feedback on it over the years, but I'm willing to listen to more, if you're willing to think about it that hard.

The Rede Of The Horsemen

four men
four mouths
from each a different noise
voice
sound

one wails
another laughs
a third wipes paper across his mouth
the fourth mutters

in a language i do not understand
they collaborate

There is a bit of explanation that usually needs to go along with this one, but I don't like to go into it until after I've heard people's first impressions, so I'll talk about that in a later entry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Paul ... I have all the poetic insticnts of a shad.
 Nevertheless ...
 My first impression is one of forboding!
 This FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE motif, plotting our fate in a language unknown ... is disturbing and ominous.

 ... and makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with Bosox... my first impression is the four horsemen... But, I s*ck at poetry stuff... I usually like stuff I'm not supposed to and vice versa <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

the apocalypse?  ah...

i thought you were talking about four guys smoking a joint...