Sunday, January 2, 2005

untitled collaboration

  This was a bit of a collaborative stream of consciousness exercise between myself and a friend during an uneventfull midnight shift at our part-time security guard gig during university.

i follow the flood of life
swept along
by the inescapable current of time

like the young boy
travelling the great river
i cannot remember its beginning
cannot conceive of its end

this waterway is delta
from alpha to omega
every instant
a fork is encountered
decision made   new course taken
this raft cannot move upstream

each turn
once taken
leads to endless new horizons

leaves infinite others
unexplored

there are regrets

so many sights unseen
unseeable

i cry at night
in my isand
as it carries me along tangled paths
to the sea

but at the dawn
i look ahead
dry eyed

for every wonder missed
there lies in wait another
for my eyes only

though i search for my future
the banks conceal
what lies beyond each turn

only occasionally dipping my paddle
i let the water pull me
through its twisted lanes

this labyrinth is cruel
but it is my own

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...that's pretty good - but it's not cowboy poetry...

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you
the creator of these your
written words
and here i take a silent bow,
for so over come am i
from all that lies so here
as of yet unseen.
hannahthemaid....