Monday, January 10, 2005

More about poetry.com

  I have discovered that I passed along some mis-information in that last entry. It seems that poetry.com, AKA The National Library of Poetry, The International Library of Poetry, Noble House Publishers, American Literary Press, Watermark Press, Pegasus Press, Birthwrites, etc, etc, ad infinitum, does not publish cheap little pamphlets. They publish large, nicely bound anthologies. Really large. Like three hundred pages large. With somewhere between six and twenty poems per page large. Click here for an example of an anthology page (you may have to scroll down a bit to see it.) How much money are they raking in? Here is a rough estimate. I have no idea if the assumptions this person makes are realistic or not. But even if they are only making half of that...
  Poetry.com sucks, pass it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I have gone to poetry.com and had one of my poems added to their collection.  I don't even know why I did it.LOL  Hey, I want to thank you for leaving a comment at my journal.  I really appreciate the insight.  
Peace Out,
Kim